Vintage Bowie Ziggy Stardust LPs soaring in value, reveals record index JustCollecting is today releasing the 2017 update to its "I've got one of those" Record Index, produced in conjunction with London record shop Rat Records.
The index avoids the obscure LPs known
News-Antique.com - Apr 20,2017 - David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust is the index's best performer, up 21.1% a year on average since analysis began in 2004. Values have shot up for first pressings from £5 in 2004 to £60 today – mostly in the last year, following Bowie's death
· Prince's Purple Rain has also gained in value following the star's passing, up from £5 as recently as 2014 to £20 today
· The most valuable record in the index is a low numbered (under 1,000) copy of the Beatles' White Album at £5,000 – each record received a unique number
Most valuable records in the "I've got one of those" Record Index:
1. The Beatles: White Album (1968), Apple (UK), number under 1000: £5,000
2. Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin (1969), Atlantic (UK), turquoise lettering: £1,000
3. Pink Floyd: A Saucerful of Secrets (1967) (mono), EMI Columbia (UK): £700
Best performing records 2004-2017:
1. David Bowie: Ziggy Stardust (1972), RCA Victor (UK), no MainMan credit: up 21.1% per annum to £60
2. The Beatles: White Album (1968), Apple (UK), number under 1,000: up 19.4% per annum to £5,000
3. The Who: My Generation (1965), Brunswick (UK): up 17.4% per annum to £200
JustCollecting's Dan Wade comments: "Forget the obscure. Forget the impossibly rare. Here is a record index full of records you might actually own.
"Just like with first edition books, it's first pressings collectors want ('Google' the catalogue number if in doubt). And the condition of both disc and sleeve are also key concerns. 'Mint' or 'near mint' examples come at a premium.
"The deaths in 2016 of David Bowie, Prince and George Michael have seen values rise for their records, as nostalgic fans look to own a piece of their legacy.
"If you're looking to get a first pressing of Ziggy Stardust, make sure the rear cover doesn't contain a credit to his management company, MainMan. Only the reissues do."
See the full index here: https://www.justcollecting.com/indexes/rare-records-index
For further information please contact Stephanie Hall on +44 (0) 117 903 9502 or email email@example.com
About the JustCollecting "I've got one of those" Record Index
The JustCollecting "I've got one of those" Record Index tracks the value of popular, regularly traded first pressings, using analysis of auctions and private sales, in addition to expert opinion from Rat Records in London.
Values shown are reflective of records and sleeves in "near mint" condition, with all inserts intact.
JustCollecting is a community and rewards club for collectors where members can buy, sell, share and manage their collections, earning exclusive reward points to spend on products, discounts and entry to competitions. JustCollecting also hosts auctions from the world's most prestigious auction houses.