News-Antique.com - Jan 05,2016 - Photo Caption: This Lush Pink Roses Flowers Tea Cup and Saucer Set adorned with gold trim was made by Royal Albert English Bone China. It is an example of "China & Dinnerware" which was the #1 category of antiques and collectibles sold online at TIAS.com in 2015.
Garden City, New York - TIAS.com (http://www.tias.com) the Web's largest online antique & collectible mall, today released their annual report on the most frequently purchased antiques & collectibles at TIAS.com and their affiliate Web sites AntiqueArts.com and Collectoronline.com. These purchases were completed in 2015. To view examples of the items listed in this year's top 20 list, please select the link under the category name or visit their Web site at http://www.tias.com
This category list is arranged by the volume of merchandise that was sold within that category, not the dollar value of the the items sold.
Here are the 20 most frequently purchased categories of antiques & collectibles listed by volume sold in 2015. For comparison, this year we've also shown any change in the rank of the item since 2014.
1. China & Dinnerware ( No change in rank since 2014)
2. Vintage Sewing (No change in rank since 2014)
3. Glass (No change in rank since 2014)
4. Art (Up from #6 in 2014)
5. Paper & Ephemera (Down from #4 in 2014)
6. Kitchen Collectibles (Up from #7 in 2014)
7. Comics (Not previously listed in 2014)
8. Coins & Currency (Up from #9 in 2014)
9. Memorabilia (Down from #5 in 2014)
10. Figurines (Up from #12 in 2014)
11. Porcelain & Pottery (Up from #10 in 2014)
12. Lamps & Lighting (Up from #16 in 2014)
13. Photographica (Up from #17 in 2014)
14. Advertising (Down from #11 in 2014)
15. Toys (Down from #13 in 2014)
16. Clothing (Down from #8 in 2014)
17. Holiday & Seasonal (Down from #14 in 2014)
18. Jewelry (Down from #15 in 2014)
19. Dolls (Not previously listed in 2014)
20. Militaria (Down from #18 in 2014)
A few interesting items to note: Comic books and Dolls are back on the list after not making the top 20 in 2014. Vintage clothing dropped from #8 in 2014 to #16 in 2015. Books and music related collectibles dropped off of the top 20 list for 2015. The top 3 categories in 2015 were China & Dinnerware, Vintage Sewing and Glass. They retained the same rank they have held since 2014.
TIAS.com was voted by About.com readers as the "Best Place to Buy" antiques & collectibles online in 2011 and 2012. TIAS lists over 421,000 items for sale online and serves approximately a quarter million unique visitors each month. About 200 merchants sell through the TIAS system. The company has been building Web stores for merchants since 1995. To open an online shop with TIAS.com please visit http://www.MakeAShop.com