Top Lots from Warhol, Haring and Spencer in Rago's $2.1 Million Fine Art Auction, Nov. 5 TOP LOTS FROM ANDY WARHOL, KEITH HARING, AND ROBERT SPENCER IN RAGO’S $2.1 MILLION FINE ART AUCTION ON NOVEMBER 5.
News-Antique.com - Nov 09,2015 - Lambertville, NJ: Rago Arts and Auction Center’s 19th-20th C. American and European Art and Post-War and Contemporary Art auctions on November 5 brought $2.1 million in sales.
Post-War and Contemporary Art
1. 631 Andy Warhol, Muhammad Ali $ 112,500
2. 639 Andy Warhol, Grace Kelly $ 106,250
3. 649 Keith Haring, Untitled $ 75,000
4. 654 Keith Haring, Untitled $ 43,750
5. 662 Andy Warhol, Joseph Beuys, State III $ 37,500
6. 674 Andy Warhol, Annie Oakley from Cowboys and Indians $ 31,250
7. 685 Theodoros Stamos, Infinity Field, Lefkada Series $ 30,000
8. 506 William Baziotes, Figures in Smoke #2 $ 28,750
9. 626 Alexander Calder, Five Balls $ 26,250
10. 500 Bridget Riley, Nineteen Greys $ 25,000
19th/20th C. American and European Art
1. 61 Robert Spencer, New Hope-Lambertville Covered Bridge $ 87,500
2. 4 Daniel Ridgway Knight, Untitled $ 43,750
3. 36 Milton Avery, Untitled (Seated Nude) $ 31,250
4. 25 Albert Lynch, Untitled (Two Actresses on Stage) $ 16,250
5. 68 Bror Julius Olsson Nordfeldt, Fruits and Pink Flower $ 12,500
6. 186 Edvard Munch, Omega's Flight $ 12,500
7. 128 Balcomb Greene, Nude in Yellow Ochre $ 11,250
8. 18 José Gallegos Y Arnosa, Untitled $ 10,625
9. 75 Charles Rosen, Cliff Dwellers $ 10,625
10. 100 Andrew Wyeth, Fox $ 10,625
• Hammer: $ 1,655,525
• Hammer + bp: $ 2,069,406
• Low Estimate: $ 2,838,300
• High Estimate: $ 4,122,100
• Number of Lots: 634
• In-House: 48
• Internet Bidders: 874 from the USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Costa Rica, Argentina, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, Denmark, Switzerland, Greece, Cyprus, Israel, Poland, Lithuania, Ukraine, Russia, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Hungary, China, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Australia.
• Phone Bidders: 170
• Absentee Bidders: 71
Consignments are now being accepted for Rago’s May 2016 Fine Art auctions and all of Rago’s Spring 2016 auctions: 609.397.9374 or email@example.com.
TO THE EDITOR
High resolution images/more information available on request.
About Rago Arts and Auction Center
Rago is a leading U.S. auction house with $30 million in annual sales. It serves thousands of sellers and buyers yearly with a singular blend of global reach, personal service and competitive commissions for single pieces, collections and estates. Rago holds auctions of 20th/21st c. design, fine art, decorative arts, furnishings, jewelry, Asian, militaria, coins and currency, silver, historic ephemera, and ethnographic property. Rago also provides a range of appraisal services conducted by USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) compliant appraisers, performed to the highest standards set by the IRS, insurers and the Appraisers Association of America. Rago is located in New Jersey, midway between New York City and