“Vintage Clothing” Month at Picollecta.com October 2014 is Vintage Clothing month at Picollecta.com – the picture sharing website for collectors.
Come and join the fun, upload pictures of your collection, view auction lots not seen in 100 y
October 2014 is Vintage Clothing month at Picollecta.com – the picture sharing website for collectors.
Come and join the fun, upload pictures of your collection, view auction lots not seen in 100 years, or simply enter our free competitions.
• View 10,000’s items of vintage clothing in the world’s biggest online gallery.
• Interviews with major players including repro-vintage designer Vivien of Holloway and “leader in the auction world’s fashion niche” Kerry Taylor.
• An exclusive interview with the pioneer of chap-hop, Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer.
• Auctions: 100s of exquisite garments from the roaring 20’s being auctioned by Duke’s of Dorchester.
• Free Competitions, including a signed copy of Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer’s latest album and a place on Lipstick & Curl’s Retro Hair & Makeup Academy worth £120.
• Blogs posts pointing you towards the best places in town to buy vintage clothing.
• Open a free vintage clothing blog and show off your fashion tips to the world
Get ready to hit the rewind button this October as Picollecta celebrates all things vintage-by devoting an October to vintage clothing!
Vintage clothing Month will feature everything from vintage themed articles to interviews and competitions as well as one of the most exciting auctions of 2014.
We will be talking to some of the most influential figures in vintage fashion, including leading repro-vintage clothing designer Vivien of Holloway (whose famous clients include Paloma Faith) and vintage auctioneer Kerry Taylor, a woman who The New York Times describes as “A leader in the auction world’s fashion niche”
There’s also an exclusive interview with the pioneer of ‘Chap-Hop’ himself, Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer, who has recently enjoyed appearances at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Glastonbury and BBC’s Newsnight.
Our featured clothing auction comes from the auctioneers Duke’s, Dorchester whose October auction includes clothing that has not seen the light of day for 100 years, having been kept locked away in a trunk and almost entirely forgotten about-until now.
The auction also features exquisite garments dating from the roaring 20s right through to the swinging 60s as well as a silk fragment thought to be from an 18th century court dress. With estimates form just a few Pounds there is something for all budgets.
Picollecta will also feature unique features and articles on some of the best vintage clothing shops and events in town, along with guest blogs from vintage bloggers and a look back at some of the biggest fashion faux pas of the 20th Century.
You can even add your own vintage pieces to our site, which boasts one of the biggest vintage clothing galleries on the web!
Throughout October we will be running a number of free vintage clothing competitions that you just won’t want to miss:
We will be giving away 20 copies of the Pretty Nostalgic Goodwood Revival Edition Magazine.
Plus a signed copy of Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer’s latest album, and a place on Lipstick