Martin Brothers Tobacco Jar Sells for $111,750 in Rago’s $5.6 Million Dollar 20th c. Design Auctions Martin Brother’s Triple Bird Tobacco Jar Sells for $111,750 and Viktor Schreckengost “Lady Godiva” Charger Sells for $93,750 in Rago’s $5.6 Million Dollar 20th c. Decorative Arts and Design Auctions.
• 600 Wayne Higby Raku-Fired Covered Vessel $8,125
Modern Design: Sunday, March 2, 2014
• Hammer: $2,398,175
• Hammer + 25% buyer’s premium: $2,997,719
• Low estimate: $2,252,300
• High estimate: $3,159,500
• Number of lots: 565
• Percent sold: 82%
• 12% of online bidders outside the U.S.: Canada, Mexico, France, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Greece, Austria, Ireland, UK, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, United Arab Emirates, Philippines, Japan, Australia, New Zealand.
Modern Design Highlighted Lots:
• 980 Albert Paley Dining Table $59,375
• 719 Paul Evans / Directional Deep Relief Cabinet $53,125
• 711 George Nakashima Wall Hanging Cabinet $50,000
• 971 Harry Bertoia Stainless Steel Willow Sculpture $46,875
• 728 Wharton Esherick Sculpture “Cat with Snake” $45,000
• 722 Paul Evans Important Steel Patchwork Sculpture $43,750
• 709 George Nakashima Six Rare Laurel Conoid Chairs $37,500
• 718 Paul Evans Pair of Lounge Chairs $37,500
• 700 George Nakashima Rosewood Double Pedestal Desk $36,250
• 969 Phil Powell Floor to Ceiling Headboard/Panel $23,750
Consignments are now being accepted for the next 20th C. Design auctions, June 14/15, 2014 and all Rago auctions: 609.397.9374 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO THE EDITOR
High resolution images/more information available on request.
About Rago Arts and Auction Center
Rago is a leading U.S. auction house with $30 million in sales in 2013. We serve thousands of sellers and buyers internationally with a singular blend of global reach and personal service. Rago holds auctions of 20th/21st c. design, fine art, decorative arts, furnishings, jewelry, militaria, coins and currency, Asian, historic ephemera, and ethnographic property. A world-class venue through which to buy and sell, it offers valuations for personal property (from a single piece to collections and estates), appraisals, estate services, exhibitions and lectures in house and online. Rago is based in New Jersey, midway between Philadelphia and New York City.