Work by Asawa, Picasso, Lewitt, Comes to the Block on November 16 at Rago Auctions Work by Asawa, Picasso, Lewitt, Comes to the Block on November 16 at Rago in A Gem Set Sale Featuring the Vermillion Editions Limited Collection
Lambertville, NJ: On Saturday, November 16, 2013, Ra
News-Antique.com - Oct 25,2013 - Work by Asawa, Picasso, Lewitt, Comes to the Block on November 16 at Rago in A Gem Set Sale Featuring the Vermillion Editions Limited Collection.
Lambertville, NJ: On Saturday, November 16, 2013, Rago will hold sales of 19th/20th Century American and European Art and Post-War/Contemporary Art, featuring the personal collection of master printer Steve Andersen, founder of Vermillion Editions Limited. Both auctions are full of work that is fresh, desirable and often difficult to find.
“I am exceptionally pleased with both these sales, and particularly proud that Steve Andersen chose Rago as the agent for his property, says Meredith Hilferty, Director of Fine Art. “Artists from Arakawa to Warhol were eager for Andersen's expertise and his willingness to translate unconventional ideas into print. The work he retained from his years in New York and Minneapolis, originals and editions, is much of the best of his years of extraordinary collaborations."
• 19th/20th C. American and European Art Auction: Saturday, November 16 at 10 a.m.
• Post-War and Contemporary Art Auction: Saturday, November 16 at 12 p.m.
• Saturday, November 9 through Thursday, November 14, 12–5 p.m. and by appointment. Friday, November 15, 12-7 p.m. Doors open at 9 a.m. the day of the sale.
• Rago Open House: Wednesday, November 13, 6 p.m., featuring a talk by Steve Andersen, “Why Can’t We Do This? Renegade Artists and Contemporary Art”. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-397-9374 ext. 119.
• Rago’s is located midway between New York City and Philadelphia. Directions online at ragoarts.com.
• Telephone, absentee, online bidding available for those unable to attend.
• Print: $20 (or both for $30). Available by calling 609.397.9374 or e-mailing a request to email@example.com.
• Online at ragoarts.com as of October 28.
19th/20th C. American and European Art, Saturday, November 16, 10 a.m.
Paintings by artists Charles Allen Winter, James Carroll Beckwith, Thomas Birch, Arthur Lismer, DeWitt Parshall, Cullen Yates, Willard Leroy Metcalf, Samuel Fullbrook, Henry Martin Gasser, John R. Grabach, Hilla Rebay, Eric Sloane, Clark Hulings, Joseph Stella, Moses Soyer, Romare Bearden and Andre Brasilier, as well as the Pennsylvania Impressionists and Modernists John Wells James, Mary Elizabeth Price, Harry Leith-Ross, Walter Emerson Baum, John F. Folinsbee, Lloyd Raymond Ney, Charles Evans, Bror Julius Olsson Nordfeldt, Ramstonev Cooperative, Louis K. Stone and Charles F. Ramsey.
Prints by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Joan Miro, Marc Chagall, Pablo Picasso, Georges Rouault and Andrew Wyeth.
Sculpture by Robert Tait McKenzie, Edward Kemeys, Alexander Proctor, Frederick William MacMonnies, Robert Ingersoll Aitken, Egon Schiele, Mario Joseph Korbel, Carol Brooks MacNeil, Chaim Gross, Lu (Lucinda) Duble, Jean Louis Chauvin, Stella Shawzin, Jacob Epstein and George Anthonisen.
Works on paper by Pablo Picasso, Oscar Bluemner, George Bellows, Arthur B. Davies, Max Ernst, Antonio Zoran Music, Ben Shahn, Wolf Kahn, William Trost Richards and William Glackens.
The Vermillion Editions Limited Collection: Post-War and Contemporary Art, Saturday, November 16, 12 p.m.
The Vermillion Editions Limited Collection also includes works by Red Grooms, T.L. Solien, Nicolas Africano, Robert Rauschenberg, Stanley