Everything Goes at the Rago Unreserved Auction, Saturday, January 12 and Sunday, January 13 Lambertville, NJ: Rago Auctions is holding a 1400+ lot Unreserved Auction over two days, Saturday, January 12 and Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 11 a.m. All of the lots are unreserved, meaning that the h
News-Antique.com - Dec 21,2012 - Everything Goes at the Rago Unreserved Auction, Saturday, January 12 and Sunday, January 13 – Over 1400 Lots of What’s Desirable, Useful, Interesting and Affordable
Lambertville, NJ: Rago Auctions is holding a 1400+ lot Unreserved Auction over two days, Saturday, January 12 and Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 11 a.m. All of the lots are unreserved, meaning that the high bid – no matter how low – wins the lot. Saturday’s sale consists of over 600 lots of original and vintage art, furnishings, tableware, Asian, Americana, collectibles, coins and currency and ethnographic property, featuring a large selection of Early 20th Century design. Sunday’s sale is 800 lots dedicated to 20th Century Modern design including furniture, lighting, rugs, contemporary pottery, contemporary art glass, and contemporary art.
“Rago Unreserved is all about better stuff for less money.” says Michael Ingham, who runs the auction. “It’s for everyone who thinks they can’t afford to buy at auction and have never come into Rago’s. It’s fun. You can buy art and furniture that doesn’t come off a big retail assembly line. It’s better made than most anything from a chain store and it costs less. Come in early and browse around. If you don’t know how to bid at auction, we’ll be glad to show you the ropes.”
• Rago Unreserved Auction: Saturday, January 12 and Sunday, January 13 at 11 a.m.
• Telephone, absentee, online bidding available for those unable to attend.
• Saturday, January 5 through Thursday, January 10, from 12-5 p.m. and by appointment, and Friday, January 11, from 12-7 p.m. Doors open on the sale days at 9:00 a.m.
• Open House with Guest Speaker Kirby Ferguson: Tuesday, January 8, 6pm. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 609.397.9374 ext. 119.
• Rago’s is located midway between New York City and Philadelphia. Directions online at ragoarts.com.
• View complete catalogues with color images online at ragoarts.com as of December 27.
• Printed text lists are free. Call 609.397.9374 or email email@example.com.
Auction Contact Information
• Jane Pavics, Rago Unreserved Cataloguer, 609-397-9374 ext. 144 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, January 12, 2013, 11 a.m.
Arts & Crafts Pottery and Furnishings
Saturday’s sale begins with early 20th century design pottery and furnishings. Kicking off, is a run of Rookwood pottery, notably, lot 1, a Fred Rothenbusch for Rookwood vellum vase painted with flowers, estimated at $600-800. There is pottery by Fulper, Clewell, North Dakota School of Mines, Van Briggle, Weller, Cowan, several lots by Buffalo Pottery, many lots of Roseville, and tiles by Grueby and Marblehead.
Early 20th century furnishings by famous makers such as Gustav Stickley, L. & J. G. Stickley, Stickley Brothers, Lifetime, Roycroft, Prairie School, including Lot 13, a nice Gustav Stickley dining table, estimated at $900-1,400. For the billiards enthusiast, a miniature pool table, estimated at $1,000-1,500. Stickley by E.J. Audi furniture, notably lot 188, a contemporary Harvey Ellis style tall chest, estimated at $500-700. Leaded glass lighting and windows, some by Prairie School and lot