Rago’s Dec. 2012 Estates, Jewelry, Silver, Coin Auctions Bring $3 Million in Sales Alexander III Imperial Russian porcelain plate sells for $87,500; pear-shaped diamond ring sells for $68,750; Russian silver desk set by Mikhail Ivanov sells for $18,750; Morgan silver dollar complete
Horn Libation Cup $ 62,500
3. 682 Narwhal Whale Tusk $ 11,250
4. 573a Style of Shishkin Russian Painting $ 8,750
5. 697 Shiy De-Jinn, Two Watercolor Landscapes $ 8,750
6. 778 Paul Manship, Glazed Ceramic Figure of a Goat $ 8,750
7. 530 Vasili Grachev, Bronze of a mounted Cossack $ 8,125
8. 587 Pennsylvania Dutch Cupboard $ 7,500
9. 573 James M. Hart (Attr.), Oil on Canvas of a Misty Morning $6,875
10. 509 Victor Salmones, Bronze Sculpture, "Kneeling Figure" $ 6,250
11. 556 Hermann O. Herzog, Oil on Canvas of a Landscape $ 6,250
12. 847 Turkish Bokhara Suzani Embroidery $ 6,250
Sunday, December 9, 2012 Jewelry and Couture
• Hammer: : $1,390,650
• Hammer + b.p. $1,738,313
• Percent sold: 92%
• 1226 Internet bidders from U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Russia, China, Japan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey, India, Pakistan, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Ireland, United Kingdom, Lebanon, Israel, Ukraine, Poland, Croatia, Slovakia, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Taiwan.
• Top Lot: 1429, 9.33 Cts. Pear-Shaped Diamond Ring, estimated at $60,000-80,000, sold for: $ 68,750
1. 1429 9.33 Cts. Pear-Shaped Diamond Ring $ 68,750
2. 1341 Platinum Diamond Garland Necklace $ 62,500
3. 1422 Untreated Sapphire, Diamond and Platinum Ring $ 40,625
4. 1331 Art Deco Pearl, Emerald and Diamond Necklace $ 27,500
5. 1336 Cartier Art Deco Rose Quartz Diamond Pendulette $ 18,750
6. 1424 LaCloche Freres Enameled Gold Necessary $ 18,750
7. 1334 Diamond Double Crescent Clip Brooches $ 17,500
8. 1057 Louis Comfort Tiffany Moonstone Bracelet $15,000
9. 1001 Egyptian Revival Enameled Gold Fringe Necklace $12,500
10. 1026 Victorian Jeweled Gold Beetle Brooch $6,250
Consignments are now being accepted for Rago’s April 2013 sales of jewelry, estate property and coins; December 2013 jewelry; Spring sales of 20th/21st C. design and fine art: 609.397.9374 or email@example.com.
TO THE EDITOR
High resolution images/more information available on request.
About Rago Arts and Auction Center
Since 1994, Rago's has served thousands of sellers and buyers with a singular blend of global reach and personal service. One of the top auction houses in the field of in 20th century design since its inception, today Rago's expertise covers centuries of fine art, decorative arts, furnishings, jewelry and ethnographic property. It is a world-class venue through which to buy and sell. It is also a destination for those who seek to learn and share knowledge about art, antiques and collecting, offering free valuations for personal property (from a single piece to collections and estates), appraisals and auction exhibitions in house and online. Rago's, the largest and leading auction house in New Jersey, is located midway between Philadelphia and New York.