Rago’s December 7th, 8th, 9th Auctions Cheer Holiday Buyers with 1200 Rago’s December 7th, 8th, 9th Auctions Cheer Holiday Buyers with 1200 Lots of Fine Furnishings, Jewelry, Silver, Coins, Art and More
News-Antique.com - Nov 19,2012 - Rago’s December 7th, 8th, 9th Auctions Cheer Holiday Buyers with 1200 Lots of Fine Furnishings, Jewelry, Silver, Coins, Art and More
Lambertville, NJ: On December 7, 8 and 9, Rago Arts and Auction Center will hold its annual Great Estates, Jewelry, Silver, Coins and Currency auctions. Friday’s sale features Russian, American and Continental silver, and rare U.S. and foreign coins and currency. The Estates auction on Saturday brings a wide variety of property to market, including furnishings, fine art, porcelain and pottery, rugs, militaria, ephemera, tribal items, Asian and more. Sunday’s annual Fine Jewelry and Couture auction features historical revival, Asian, and gem jewelry, estate diamond engagement rings, timepieces, fur coats and designer handbags.
“We have been asked to represent some truly exceptional pieces this December,” says Miriam Tucker, a partner at Rago’s. “Our specialists have chosen well, based on aesthetic merit, rarity, quality of construction. All the property is fresh to the market. And we’ve worked hard to make sure that the estimates are attractive, whether for pieces worth hundreds or tens of thousands of dollars.”
• Friday, December 7, Noon: Silver, Coins and Currency
• Saturday, December 8, Noon: Great Estates
• Sunday, December 9, Noon: Jewelry and Couture
• Saturday, December 1 through Wednesday, December 5, 12–5 pm and by appointment. Thursday, December 6, 12-7 pm. Doors open at 9 am on sale days.
• Open House, Tuesday, December 4, 6 pm, featuring a talk on jewelry by Newark Museum curator, Ulysses Grant Dietz. RSVP to 609.397.9374 ext. 119 or email@example.com.
• Rago’s is located midway between New York City and Philadelphia. Directions online at ragoarts.com.
• Telephone, absentee, online bidding available for those unable to attend.
• Printed catalogues are available for $20 each by calling 609.397.9374 or e-mailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• View a complete online catalogue with color images at ragoarts.com, online November 19, 2012.
SILVER, JUDAICA, COINS AND CURRENCY: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7, NOON
Friday’s sale begins with over 200 lots of silver, including a selection of Judaica, and concludes with 67 lots of coins and currency.
GREAT ESTATES: SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8, NOON
The Great Estate auction on Saturday, December 8 consists of 465 lots of furnishings, lighting decorative arts, Asian, fine art, bronze sculpture, glass, porcelain and pottery, tribal, militaria, rugs and textiles, advertising memorabilia, books and ephemera, and more.
JEWELRY, COUTURE: SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9, NOON
Sunday’s fine jewelry auction features 460 lots of jewelry and couture, including designer handbags and fur coats. Famous jewelry designers in the sale include: Tiffany & Co, Sloan, Walton & Co., Louis Comfort Tiffany, Raymond Yard, Cartier, Ippolia, Anthony Nak, David Yurman, John Hardy, Angela Cummings, Schlumberger, Seaman Schepps, Verdura, David Webb, Sorab & Roshi, Constance Abernathy, Elsa Peretti, H. Stern, Oscar Heyman, Lacloche Frères, Iradj Moini, Angela Kramer, Miriam Haskell, Percossi Papi, Lalique, and more.
LOT DETAILS BY CATEGORY
On behalf of regional estates, Rago’s is proud to offer fine examples of American, Russian, continental and English silver. Featured