their first live auction through www.epailive.com on the 6th December. The sale (their 23rd specialist Islamic Coin Auction) will include an UMAYYAD, Yazid II/Hisham, Gold Dinar, 105h (723AD). The coin is arguably the most important coin ever struck in the Arabian Peninsula. It is the earliest gold coin which names a locality in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in this case the birthplace of the Faith, the Hijaz, the land of the Holy Cities of Makka and Medina. This extremely rare dinar is considered to have been of gold mined at the Ma’dan Amir al-Mu’minin bi’l Hijaz, "the Mine of the Commander of the Faithful in the Hijaz" and is estimated to sell for £800,000 – 1,000,000.
The 19 founder auctioneers and representatives of Triple-A are as follows:
Anderson & Garland (Tyne & Wear) Andrew McCoull
Baldwins (London) Seth Freeman*
Bearnes Hampton & Littlewood (West Country) Chris Hampton
The Canterbury Auction Galleries (Kent) Tony Pratt
Cheffins (Cambridgeshire) Martin Millard*
Dreweatts/Bloomsbury (Berkshire/London) Stephan Ludwig*
Ewbank’s (Surrey) Chris Ewbank*
Fellows (Midlands) Stephen Whittaker
Gorringes (Sussex) Clifford Lansberry
Halls (Shropshire) Jeremy Lamond*
Hartleys West Yorkshire) Andrew Hartley
Lawrences of Crewkerne (Somerset) Helen Carless*
Lyon & Turnbull (Edinburgh) Paul Roberts
Mallams (Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire) Robin Fisher
McTear’s (Glasgow) Brian Clements
Peter Wilson (Cheshire) Robert Stones
Roseberys (London) Ian Cadzow
Sworders (Essex) Guy Schooling*
Toovey’s (Sussex) Rupert Toovey
• *Denotes committee member
A website for The Association of Accredited Auctioneers will be launched during 2013.
For all enquires about Baldwin’s involvement in the AAA please contact Seth Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)20 7930 9808.
For all press enquiries please contact Caroline Newton at email@example.com or on +44 (0)20 7930 6879.
Notes to the Editor:
• Chris Ewbank is Principal of Surrey’s premier antique and fine art auctioneers Ewbank’s. A Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), he is a former Chairman of the RICS Antique and Fine Art Professional Group and an Honorary Member of the Society of Fine Art Auctioneers and Valuers, having been its Chairman from 2000-2007.
• Jeremy Lamond has worked for Christie’s and Phillips auctioneers, joining Halls in 1996. He was appointed a Director in 2001 and Director of the Fine Art Department in 2005. He is a former Vice Chairman of the RICS Arts and Antiques Professional Group; a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors; a Fellow of the National Association of Valuers and Auctioneers and an Associate of the Society of Fine Art Auctioneers.
• Established in 1872 A. H. Baldwin & Sons Ltd has140 years’ experience servicing the numismatic industry.
• Baldwin’s auction department was established in 1993 and has grown to hold between ten and twelve sales annually in London, New York and Hong Kong and specialise in all areas of Numismatics.
• Follow us on Twitter @BaldwinsCoins and find us on Facebook at /BaldwinsCoins