Baldwin's Celebrate the Year of the Dragon As people all over the world celebrate the beginning of a new and auspicious year, Baldwin’s prepare to join in the festivities with an auction dedicated to the Year of the Dragon. The auction, to be
Silver ‘Legation’ Medal, 1896 is a presentation piece minted by Heaton’s of Birmingham (England) for the western tour by Li Hung-Chang. The medal itself has a swivel suspension ring and the original blue silk ribbon, features never seen before by Baldwin’s Oriental specialist, Edward Baldwin. The medal itself depicts 2 dragons in the same formation on both the obverse and reverse and is estimated at US$4,000-5,000.
The auction is held in conjunction with the Hong Kong International Coin Convention and will begin at 9.30am local time. Public viewing is permitted in the two days prior to the sale and on the morning of the auction. Bidders that are unable to attend the sale can bid live online via the services of www.the-saleroom.com.
For more information visit www.baldwin.co.uk
For all enquires about this auction please contact our auction department at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)20 7930 9808.
For all press enquiries please contact Caroline Newton at email@example.com or on +44 (0)20 7930 6879.
Ma Tak Wo Numismatic Co Ltd
Unit A2, 9th Floor, China Insurance Building, 48 Cameron Road
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: (++852) 2316 2926
Fax: (++852) 2316 7526
• The Hong Kong Coin Auction is held twice annually in conjunction with the Hong Kong International Coin Convention and Antique Watch Fair and always over the three days after the auction. It is organised by Ma Tak Wo Numismatic Co. Ltd and A.H. Baldwin & Sons Ltd and details of how to book an exhibition table or get tickets for the show can be obtained from either of the partners.
• A.H. Baldwin & Sons have been holding auctions in Singapore and Hong Kong with local partners since 1993 and this will be the 36th auction they have held together.
• Baldwin’s auction department hold between ten and twelve sales annually in London, New York and Hong Kong and specialise in all areas of Numismatics.
• Baldwin’s & Ma Tak Wo offer an online bidding service via www.the-saleroom.com/baldwins
• Buyers Premium for this auction is set at 18%
• Follow Baldwin’s on Twitter @BaldwinsCoins