Julius Cohen Diamond Necklace and F.G. Hale Suite Highlight Rago's Dec. 4 Jewelry Auction IMPORTANT JULIUS COHEN PLATINUM AND DIAMOND NECKLACE AND FRANK GARDNER HALE SUITE AMONG HIGHLIGHTS OF RAGO’S DECEMBER 4 JEWELRY AUCTION.
News-Antique.com - Nov 11,2011 - Lambertville, NJ: On Sunday, December 4, 2011 at noon, the Rago Arts and Auction Center will hold an auction featuring fine estate jewelry and couture.
Jewelry Auction, Sunday, December 4 at Noon
The fresh-to-market material that comprises Rago’s jewelry auction, gathered from estates over the course of a year, includes Georgian and Victorian revivals, examples of American and European art jewelry from 1880-1930, fine timepieces, accessories and couture, gem jewelry and estate diamond engagement rings for every budget. For the men there are outstanding cufflinks and a selection of watches by Patek Philippe. The variety and quality of property is very strong and Rago’s has priced it well.
“This is a sale for everyone from the serious collector of irreplaceable historic jewelry to those seeking beautiful and wearable jewelry for personal use or for others. These aren’t just luxury goods,” says Sarah Churgin, Director of the Jewelry and Silver department at Rago’s. “Estate jewelry contains old mine gems that can’t be sourced today; the quality of their workmanship is extinct. Estate diamonds and pre-owned gold transcend current issues of labor and environment. These are luxury goods that preserve what’s rare and beautiful in a time when so many are allowing rising commodity values to eclipse aesthetic merit and quality of construction.”
Please join us for the preview and auction. Note that lots that have missed the catalogue print date will be added until the day of the sale, so check online at ragoarts.com for added lots and condition updates.
• Saturday, November 26, 2011 through Wednesday, November 30, 12–5 pm and by appointment. Open until 7 pm on Thursday, December 1. Doors open at 9 am on December 2, 3 and the day of the sale.
• Open House, Tuesday, November 29, featuring a talk on American Silver by Newark Museum Curator, Ulysses Grant Dietz
• Rago’s is located midway between New York City and Philadelphia. Directions online at ragoarts.com.
• Telephone, absentee, online bidding available for those unable to attend.
• Printed catalogues are available for $20 each by calling 609.397.9374 or e-mailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• View a complete online catalogue with color images at ragoarts.com, online now.
NOTES FOR THE EDITOR
• High-resolution images available.
• About Rago Arts and Auction Center: Since 1994, Rago's has served thousands of sellers and buyers with a singular blend of global reach and personal service. Originally specialists in 20th century design, today Rago's expertise covers centuries of fine art, decorative arts, furnishings, jewelry and ethnographic property. It is a world-class venue through which to buy and sell. It is also a destination for those who seek to learn and share knowledge about art, antiques and collecting, offering free valuations for personal property (from a single piece to collections and estates), appraisals and auction exhibitions in house and online. Rago's, the largest and leading auction house in New Jersey, is located midway between Philadelphia and New York.
• No Reserve Jewelry and Silver: Sunday, April 22, 2012.