Autographs from the Collection of Barry Leeds Available for Online Bidding on Proxibid Hollywood, Music and Sports fans from across the globe will gain access to one of the most renowned autograph collectors as items from the personal collection of Barry Leeds cross the auction block on
News-Antique.com - Nov 01,2011 - Hollywood, Music and Sports fans from across the globe will gain access to one of the most renowned autograph collectors as items from the personal collection of Barry Leeds cross the auction block on Proxibid (www.proxibid.com), the world’s largest real auction marketplace. The online only auction, presented by Chris Childers Auctions, is open for bidding until Sunday, November 6 at 6:00 p.m. Eastern at www.proxibid.com/chrischilders.
This auction features rare items from Barry Leeds living estate. Mr. Leeds has been collecting for more than 60 years and has amassed well over 100,000 autographed items. He was the largest collector, buying at estate sales and auctions of Harry Houdini, Bing Crosby, Joan Crawford, Andy Warhol and many more. Mr. Leeds is a former UACC dealer and long-time member, and all items in this auction are guaranteed authentic.
Bidders will want to pay close attention to featured items in this auction, including:
• Lot 2: Fred Astaire signed photo display. Fred Astaire was one the most amazing dancers to grace the silver screen. This picture is signed by Fred Astaire and in very good condition.
• Lot 3: Louis Armstrong/Barney Bigard signed display. This display is actually signed twice by “Satchmo.” He signed it Louis and then realized he wouldn't have enough space to complete his name, so he signed his complete name underneath it. It is also signed by band member Barney Bigard as well. This item was obtained from the Francis Zane collection by our consigner.
• Lot 8: Ronald Reagan signed Display. What an amazing handwritten piece from former President Ronald Reagan. You are bidding on an incredible display that contains a very nice picture of President Reagan and his family, as well as a picture of the White House. In 1952, then actor Ronald Reagan personally signed his fan club membership cards. In addition to his signature, Reagan wrote some 50 words on the reverse of the card explaining to the owner about why she had not received her membership card. A truly amazing piece from the 40th President of the United States. Note- The card is in excellent condition, it has only slid down in the frame, but the condition of the card and the signature is excellent. Estimated $1,000-$2,500.
• Lot 13: KISS Dolls Complete set of 4. “"You wanted the best, you got the best...The biggest band in the world KISS!!!!” You are bidding on a very rare set of original KISS Dolls from the seventies. Very hard to find in this condition. Estimated $250-$350.
• Lot 37: Poster signed by Mantle, Williams, Aaron, Drysdale, Ford, Robinson, Killebrew. This amazing print was signed during the 1989 AllStar game. The print is signed by the artist Craig Pursley 54/200...It is also signed by the following: Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Hank Aaron, Don Drysdale, Whitey Ford, Brooks Robinson, and Harmon Killebrew…truly a once in a lifetime chance to obtain these amazing players, all on one piece..Estimated $450-$650.
“We are pleased to partner with Proxibid to sell this amazing