EDOUARD JEAN BAPTISTE DETAILLE OIL ON CANVAS HIGHLIGHTS A STRONG ESTATES AUCTION AT RAGO'S EDOUARD JEAN BAPTISTE DETAILLE OIL ON CANVAS AND ACOUSTIC GUITAR COLLECTION HIGHLIGHT A STRONG SEPTEMBER ESTATES AUCTION AT RAGO’S.
News-Antique.com - Sep 15,2011 - Lambertville, NJ Rago Arts and Auction Center’s 550+ lot Great Estates auction brought $710,390 for the auction house and its consignors. The top lot was a painting by Edouard Jean Baptiste of a French Infantry Soldier. A collection of acoustic guitars from a single owner brought a total of $89,280, far exceeding the high estimate.
“Consistently strong would be the best way to describe the results of Saturday’s Great Estates auction,” said Tom Martin, the Rago Estates specialist. “Dealers and collectors from across the U.S. and abroad came to bid and buy. The collection of acoustic guitars did great, as did the electric guitars we sold in June. Buyers and sellers are seeing Rago’s as a serious venue for the sale of musical instruments. We are actively accepting consignments for December now and welcome inquiries.”
• Hammer: $ 572,895
• Hammer + b.p. $710,390
• Number of lots: 557
• % sold: 92%
• Bidders in-house: 128
• Absentee bidders: 154
• Bidders online: 816 (Bidders in the U.S., Canada, Russia, Europe, South America , Central America, Middle East, Asia, Australia, Northern Africa)
Highlighted Top Lots:
1. 1168 Edouard Jean Baptiste Detaille French Infantry soldier $ 27,280
2. 1030 Archangel Fernandez Flamenco Guitar $ 13,640
3. 1444 Henry L. Stephens original illustrations $ 12,400
4. 1243 Bronze Mounted Porcelain Centerpiece $ 6,200
5. 1001 KPM After Joseph Coomans Porcelain Plaque $ 5,270
6. 1174 Rudolf Ernst watercolor on paper, "Waiting for a Customer" $ 8,680
7. 1272 Charles Frederick Tunnicliffe watercolor of guinea hens $ 4,960
8. 1129 French Empire Architect's Desk $ 4,650
9. 1078 Zia Pueblo Olla $ 6,820
10. 1486 Civil War Relics from the battlefield at Gettysburg $ 6,820
Rago will hold its next Great Estates Weekend on December 2, 3, 4, 2011 and Discovery Auction on January 14, 2012. Consignments are now being accepted for this (and all other) auctions: 609.397.9374 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO THE EDITOR
High resolution images/more information available on request.
About Rago Arts and Auction Center
Since 1994, Rago's has served thousands of sellers and buyers with a singular blend of global reach and personal service. Originally specialists in 20th century design, today Rago's expertise covers centuries of fine art, decorative arts, furnishings, jewelry and ethnographic property. It is a world-class venue through which to buy and sell. It is also a destination for those who seek to learn and share knowledge about art, antiques and collecting, offering free valuations for personal property (from a single piece to collections and estates), appraisals and auction exhibitions in house and online. Rago's, the largest and leading auction house in New Jersey, is located midway between Philadelphia and New York.