buyers can set the site to display item prices in their choice of Australian Dollars, British Pounds Sterling, Canadian Dollars, Euros, New Zealand Dollars or US Dollars. The amount shown will include the conversion fee, unlike eBay, which adds this at the time of conversion where the buyer chooses to pay through PayPal.
With the success of Etsy, the specialist marketplace for handmade goods, and eBay’s move towards more of an Amazon-like model focussed on consumer electronic, fashion and other consumer goods, it has become apparent that smaller, specialist marketplaces are the future of areas like antiques and collectables, and Toy Collector looks forward to its new platform becoming the second nature go-to place for buyers and sellers in this area!
About Toy Collector
Launched in 2008, Toy Collector is a web portal for collectable toy and model enthusiasts designed to allow collectors to share their passions via blogging, discussion forums, picture and video galleries. The site currently hosts over 25,000 toy-related articles and over 150,000 images. It offers resources like want ads and a yellow pages supplier directory and boasts the largest toy-and model-related event calendar on the internet. It also hosts ToyPedia® and from the 7st of September a marketplace.
For selling on the marketplace or more information on the site please go to www.ToyCollector.com or contact Laurent on email@example.com or +44 (1494) 727 947.
In addition to all this, the site features ToyPedia® – a Wikipedia-style online encyclopaedia of collectable toys which currently covers over 142,000 items and is growing constantly.
Currently, the project is supported by;
• 27 communities including www.DiecastAviationForum.com www.HobbyTalk.com, www.ModelRailForum, www.SlotForum.com and www.Wings900.com
• 650 volunteers
• 9 authors who have permitted the organisers to use text and images from 22 books as part of a ToyPedia Book Documentation Project
• 350 toy brands who have agreed to open their archives
• 11 leading auction houses including Bonham’s and Christie’s have allowed use of their images
• 30 members of the ToyPedia Advisory Board who advise on organisation and taxonomy
For more information please go to www.ToyCollector.com/ToyPedia or contact Kiran Sohota, the ToyPedia Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (1494) 727 947.