John Moran Auctioneers’ First Auction of 2011 Shows Continuing Strength in Market For Quality Antiqu Pasadena, CA-- After achieving steadily climbing sales throughout 2010, and concluding the year with a stellar Jewelry and Antiques Sale, John Moran Auctioneers continued the momentum with their first
summer robe made circa 1900, decorated with dragons and fish amidst waves and clouds that sold for $3437.50 (estimate: $700 – 1000); and an oil painting by contemporary Chinese artist Gao Xiaohua (1955 - * Chinese) titled ‘Early Spring in the Grove’ depicting a Chinese woman in traditional dress in a sycamore grove that attained a price of $15,600 (estimate: $5000 – 7000).
Other sale highlights include:
• 1102 A large Sevres style gilt-bronze-mounted yellow-ground vase realized $7200 (estimate: $3000 – 5000)
• A George II feather-banded walnut and burr walnut slant front bureau that had been estimated to bring $2500 – 3500 sold for $5400
• 1072 - A Spanish Baroque walnut chest of drawers sold for $3600 (estimate: $1000 – 2000)
• 1084 - A Russian silver and cloisonne enamel salt cellar, 6th Artel, brought $3000 (estimate: $800 – 1000)
• 1074 - An Italian white marble figural group of Ariadne and the Panther, Pietro Bazzanti Second half 19th Century, signed ''P. Bazzanti (Italian, 1842-1881) Florence'' sold for $1875.00 (estimate: $500 – 700).
John Moran Auctioneers’ First Auction of 2011 Shows Continuing Strength in Market For Quality Antiques & Decorative Arts
John Moran Auctioneers will hold their next Decorative and Fine Arts Auction on Tuesday, March 8th. Their February sale will be devoted to California and American Paintings and is scheduled for Tuesday, February 15th. Jewelry will next be offered at their April 5th auction. Consignments are now being accepted for all three sales. Please contact Moran’s offices at 626-793-1833 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All sales are conducted at the Pasadena Convention Center in Pasadena, CA. Full sale catalogues are posted at www.johnmoran.com 2 -3 weeks prior to each sale. Bidding is available from the floor and via absentee, telephone or online through Artfact.com.