Bid Live Online on Proxibid During Don Presley Auctions’ Two-Day New Year’s Event Proxibid, the world’s largest live auction marketplace, has been selected to provide live online bidding for its two-day New Year’s auction. The live auction will take place Saturday, January 1 and S
News-Antique.com - Dec 27,2010 - Proxibid, the world’s largest live auction marketplace, has been selected to provide live online bidding for its two-day New Year’s auction. The live auction will take place Saturday, January 1 and Sunday, January 2 at Noon daily with online bidding to commence at those times. Auction registration and pre-bidding are already available by visiting www.proxibid.com/donpresley.
More than 700 lots of fine art, antiques, collectibles, jewelry, original signed bronzes, Ivory, KPM, Blackamoore's, clocks, a large assortment of fine furniture, firearms, coins, Mason & Hamlin grand piano and more will cross the block during this live auction webcast. Featured items in this auction include:
• Lot 84: Adam 12 Series Police Car - 1964 Plymouth. Adam 12 was a reality-based television series from Jack Webb (Dragnet, Emergency), and was the first TV series to more realistically portray the joys and frustrations of being a police officer;
• Lot 100: Tuxedo shirt custom made for Frank Sinatra and worn by the singer at a 1988 charity event;
• Lot 101: Marilyn Monroe Dress - Two-piece eyelet-trimmed black ensemble with 20th Century Fox studio label, purported to have been worn by Marilyn Monroe in the 1950’s. Includes books, pictures and letter from former husband Bob Slatzer stating that the dress was owned and worn by Ms. Monroe;
• Lot 103: Emile Vie & Co. 1880s French gilt bronze and marble clock that once resided in Michael Jackson’s Beverly Hills home. In excellent condition. Beautifully done. Measures 27” tall;
• Lot 115: Colt1882 open top revolver, 44 calibers, 7 1/2 inch barrel, engraving attributed to Louis D Nimschke, with 80% to 90% nickel and gold gilt unpolished and nice soft satin color. Magnificent raised carved ivory grips. Only approx 20 original engraved open top.
“Collectors of all types will want to log on and bid live in this auction,” said auctioneer Don Presley. “With so much to choose from there’s something for every bidder. Online bidding for this auction ensures that bidders from every corner of the globe can log in, bid and win the many unique items available in this auction.”
For more information about this auction, to register to bid or to leave a pre-bid, please visit www.proxibid.com/donpresley.
Omaha-based Proxibid brings auctioneers and bidders together for a world-class online auction experience. Since 2002, the Company has worked with more than 2,000 auctioneers to bring more than 23,000 auctions to a global, online audience. With registered bidders from more than 180 countries, no other provider in the industry connects more buyers and sellers than Proxibid. The Company’s proprietary live Internet bidding service and Web site were developed by auctioneers and industry-leading professionals to provide our bidders with the most user-friendly and comprehensive online auction experience possible.
Proxibid’s customer service and support is unmatched in the industry. The company’s toll-free support center is open before, during and after every live auction, and is staffed with bi-lingual auction specialists who assist both bidders and auctioneers. For more information about Proxibid, please visit us online