Mad Men Finds Are Part of the Top Vintage Finds for Fall at Randolph Street Fashion Expo Thanks to the hit TV series Mad Men the '60s are back and fans of the show will be finding the best the era had to offer at Modern Vintage Chicago Fall Fashion and Jewelry Explosion by the Randolph St
News-Antique.com - Oct 04,2010 - CHICAGO, IL, October 4, 2010--Thanks to the hit TV series Mad Men the '60s are back and fans of the show will be finding the best the era had to offer at Modern Vintage Chicago Fall Fashion and Jewelry Explosion by the Randolph Street Market Festival.
"Other popular series like Six Feet Under and the Sopranos didn't have the power to excite the fashion world like Mad Men does," says Sally Schwartz, promoter of the popular Chicago market. "The 60s have gone from nearly forgotten to the look that may last well into the second decade of the Millennium."
The styles of the show provide ample internet chatter as blogs dedicated to discussing the styles of the day have sprung up. The styles have also worked their way into influencing mainstream fashion marketing.
"I'm not sure if itís simply a nostalgia for the style, or a sense that society has done a 360 since then," says Randolph Street Market dealer Melissa Sands. "Watching Mad Men we realize just how much things have changed and we want some of that era back."
Sands says interest in the television show is part of a larger revival of interest in vintage fashion. Thatís an interest thatís being facilitated by the upcoming Modern Vintage Chicago Fall Fashion and Jewelry Explosion, October 23rd and 24th in Chicago.
The eventís producers, Randolph Street Market has asked industry experts and come up with its lists of the top menís and womenís vintage fashion items for fall, 2010.
Top Five Vintage Fashion Items for Women:
1. Vintage Coats, wool coats come in all sorts of prints, lengths, shapes and sizes. From casual to dress up you can get one unlike anything you'll see at the mall and the quality is second to none.
2. Vintage fur coats -mink, fox, you name it. Vintage furs from back in the day are warm, soft and will last for years with proper care.
3. Vintage Designer pursesóHermes, Kelly bags top the list of the most popular vintage bag. You can get vintage Channel, Vuitton at a great price, generally one-fourth to half the price of a new one with all the style. They also hold their value. If you don't want to spend a fortune you can get vintage bags from $10 and up.
4. 1960's matching dress and coat sets---- Great dresses and coats to match were all the rage in the 1960's era and ala Mad Men, they are back! You can get amazing sets with designer names or not. There is something to be had in all price ranges.
5. Vintage Shoes ĖVintage shoes can be collectible as well as fun to wear. The main criteria for choosing vintage shoes is condition, but well-chosen vintage shoes can offer twice the style for half the price!
Top Five Vintage Fashion Items for Men:
1. Vintage Levis-San Franciscoís finest. The Jefferson Airplane sang about them, and finding White Levis from 1969 would be a real find.