WorthPoint Reaches First Subscriber Milestone: 10,000 The world's leading provider of valuation and associated services for art, antiques and collectibles, today announced it reached its first paid subscriber goal: 10,000.
News-Antique.com - Oct 04,2010 - ATLANTA, October 4, 2010 – WorthPoint®, the world’s leading provider of valuation and associated services for art, antiques and collectibles, today announced it reached its first paid subscriber goal: 10,000.
“It’s quite a benchmark and we feel fortunate to have achieved it in a relatively short time,” explained Will Seippel, Founder and CEO of WorthPoint. “We totally revamped and re-launched the business in spring of last year, so achieving the 10,000 subscriber benchmark this quickly demonstrates we are providing solid value.
However, we are just getting started. Over the coming months we will make many key additions that we believe will make WorthPoint a virtually indispensible tool set for anyone involved in art, antiques and collectibles,” he added.
The upcoming additions include the following:
• Vastly expanded price guide (Worthopedia™) from 67 million items to more than 100 million items -- aggregated from eBay®, leading auction houses and virtual marketplaces
• Search functionality enhancements pinpointing items by specific categories, price ranges, sale dates and other criteria
• Community forums providing both free and paid members with access to expert opinion and debates regarding the most topical issues in the world of collecting
• Native iPhone®/iPad™ application enabling a full range of search and analytics functions for users when attending auctions, trade shows, estate sales and other remote locations
• Robust taxonomy structure enabling faster, more precise value assessments
“We view the improvements in Worthopedia, taxonomy and search as critical over the coming months,” Seippel stated. “Nearly as important, however, is the introduction of a native iPhone/iPad application. It will give our members on-the-go instant access to WorthPoint’s vast resources, enabling them to make thoughtful, informed decisions. The whole world is going mobile, and our industry is a leader in its need for these applications.”
Atlanta and Dublin, Ohio-based WorthPoint Corporation (www.worthpoint.com) is an Internet- centric information and media company that offers a vast database of sales records on art, antiques and collectibles in a repository branded Worthopedia. Founded in 2007, WorthPoint has quickly become the world's largest resource center for researching the value of art, antiques and collectibles. The company helps collectors accurately assess the worth of their items and provides expert advice from its international team of Worthologists on how to preserve or sell antiques and collectibles. In 2008, WorthPoint acquired Dublin, Ohio-based GoAntiques™, the oldest antiques and collectibles site on the Web.