Kovels' Top 20 Antiques & Collectibles Searches for 2008 Kovels.com, the Web's largest free price guide for antiques and collectibles, today released its list of the top 20 antiques and collectibles searches for the year 2008.
Cleveland, Ohio - January 16, 2009 – Kovels.com (http://www.Kovels.com), today released its list of the top 20 searches for all of 2008. The Kovels' top 20 list is based on the results of millions of searches that took place on its website during the year. With over 600,000 antiques and collectibles in its online price guide, Kovels.com is the Web’s largest free price guide for antiques and collectibles.
People use price guides for a number of reasons, usually to determine the value of an item that they own. If an item isn't listed on the top 20 list, it doesn't mean it is unpopular or that there isn't a demand for it. It only means that in 2008 there was less interest in finding prices for that item. This year's list includes comparative data for 2007 as well.
1. Occupied Japan - Up from #7 in 2007
2. Jewelry - Down from #1 in 2007
3. Coca Cola - Up from #4 in 2007
4. Stoves - Down from #3 in 2007
5. World War II - Down from #2 in 2007
6. Furniture - Down from #5 in 2007
7. Capo Di Monte - Up from #12 in 2007
8. Lladro - Up from #13 in 2007
9. McCoy - Up from #20 in 2007
10. Lighters - Down from #8 in 2007
11. Cookie Jars - New to list
12. Knife - Down from #9 in 2007
13. Dolls - Up from #15 in 2007
14. Planters Peanuts - No Movement from 2007
15. Shawnee - New to list
16. Hutschenreuther - New to list
17. Bavaria - New to list
18. Royal Bayreuth - New to list
19. Clocks - Down from #18 in 2007
20. Josef Originals - New to list
There are 6 new categories in this year's top 20 list. Last year's list can be viewed online at:
The Kovels’ “Top 20” list of antiques and collectibles has been published monthly since 2002 and is offered by Kovels.com as a service for collectors.
Accredited media interested in discussing the content of this release or any topics related to antiques and collectibles are encouraged to contact Terry Kovel at pr@Kovels.com to schedule an interview.
Terry Kovel, with her husband Ralph, has authored more than 95 books about collecting and antiques, including the best-selling annual price guide, "Kovels' Antiques and Collectibles Price Guide." Hailed by Parade magazine as "the duchess of the antiques world," Terry Kovel publishes a monthly newsletter, Kovels on Antiques and Collectibles, and writes a syndicated weekly newspaper column distributed to more than 150 newspapers. Terry and Ralph appeared weekly on the HGTV program "Flea Market Finds with the Kovels." Terry's popular website with free prices and information for collectors is http://www.Kovels.com. The Kovels' most recent books are "Kovels' American Collectibles, 1900 to 2000," and "Kovels' Antiques and Collectibles Price Guide 2009," with 2,500 photos and 44,000 actual