News-Antique.com - Oct 08,2008 - Goebel of North America Latest News from the M.I. Hummel Club
Pennington, N.J. Oct. 2008 - Goebel Germany has recently announced that it will discontinue production of M.I. Hummel figurines on October 31, 2008 and focus its resources on the company's home accessory brands. Current details concerning Goebel Porzellanmanufaktur's
M.I. Hummel business division are as follows:
1. The Goebel Information Center in Rodental, Germany closes at the end of August 2008.
2. The production of Hummel figurines at the Rodental, Germany facility will end on October 31, 2008. Sales will continue as long as supplies last.
3. The M.I. Hummel Club Center in Rodental, Germany will close at the end of September 2008. The North American M.I. Hummel Club Center in Pennington, NJ USA will remain open for business.
4. The 2008 International Club Convention in Germany planned for October 17 & 18, 2008 has been cancelled, please read below for more details on this German event. The 2009 International Club Convention in Buffalo-Niagara Falls, NY USA is going forward, please visit http://www.mihummelclub.com/eventsTravel_convention.asp to register for the North American event.
We are confident that a new "solution" will soon be found for M.I. Hummel figurine production and for the Club. Goebel is actively working in this direction and we expect to have further information by the October 18th get together in Rodental, Germany... Visit these pages regularly for the newest information concerning further developments.
As noted above the International Club Convention in Rodental planned for October 17 & 18, 2008 has been cancelled. We enjoy thinking back on our past Club activities, with much fun and enjoyment for all. Therefore we are pleased to invite you to a member get-together with others sharing your hobby:
When: Saturday, 18 October 2008, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Where: Goebel Porzellanmanufaktur in Rodental
Attendance is at no cost. Your guests are also welcome. Factory tours are not possible.
Activities will include (subject to change):
* Sale of special and old M.I. Hummel figurines
* Free archive tours (limited spaces available)
The proud owner of the special-edition jumbo "Merry Wanderer" with guitar and music notes that is being auctioned for the benefit of the Isabella Fund will be announced at approximately 4:00 pm. You have the final opportunity to place your last bid during the get-together.
* Refreshments will be offered for sale.
* Each participating Club member will receive a souvenir.
To help us to plan, please register your attendance by telephone no later than September 22, 2008. (Telephone: + 49 / 95 63 / 72 18 00).
Don't forget: You can continue to help the Isabella Fund provide assistance to children in need by purchasing the two special-edition Roger Whittaker figurines Do You Love It! (Hum 2217/A) and Look What I Made! (Hum 2217/B). They are available for order by Calling Membership Services at 1-800-666-CLUB (2582).
The winner of the jumbo one-of-a-kind "Merry Wanderer" with guitar and music notes will be announced on 18 October 2008 at around 4:00 p.m. See