KOVELS' ANTIQUES AND COLLECTIBLES PRICE GUIDE 2009, 41st edition KOVELS' ANTIQUES AND COLLECTIBLES PRICE GUIDE 2009, 41st edition, is now available wherever books are sold and online at http://www.Kovels.com/e?2009prices.
News-Antique.com - Sep 11,2008 - Cleveland, Ohio – September 11, 2008 – KOVELS' ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES PRICE GUIDE 2009, 41st edition (Black Dog & Leventhal Publishers, ISBN: 978-1-57912-785-5, $27.95, $31.95 CAN), with actual prices of more than 44,000 items, is now available wherever books are sold and online at http://www.Kovels.com/e?2009prices. The book is written by Ralph and Terry Kovel, who share the insider's edge in this new and improved full-color 41st edition of their annual price guide. With 800 pages and over 2,500 color photos, this comprehensive book offers collectors of all levels the roadmap necessary for collecting and antiquing in 2009.
KOVELS' ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES PRICE GUIDE has become a staple in every collector's library and a vital tool for determining the dollar value of collectibles and identifying marks. When it comes to vintage collectibles, the Kovels always have their fingers on the pulse of what's popular. With each edition, the Kovels record all new prices, retiring the previous edition to start fresh listings every year. They visit shops, shows, and flea markets, read hudreds of publications and catalogs, check online service, and talk to collectors, dealers, fans and auctioneers, to gather the latest and most accurate information available. This new edition includes everything from a Tiffany lamp for $881,000 to an H.F. Morrill Milk & Cream Dairy bottle cap for 15 cents. And the 7 by 10 inch format is perfect for carrying to shows and auctions.
• 44,000 items and prices—what collectors paid at shows, sales, auctions, and on the Internet
• More than 2,500 color photographs, plus factory histories and hundreds of marks and identifying logos
• The Kovels' annual report on the antiques and collectibles market, including some of the highest-priced, most unusual, and noteworthy antiques and collectibles sold in the past year. The "Introduction" also features a list of record prices paid in the past year.
• Easy-to-use index with alphabetical cross-references
• Tips—such as how to safely stack dinner plates, how to remove rust from iron, and how to test a piece of jade to see if it is real
• News on collecting trends—what's hot and what's not
• A handy ruler in inches and centimeters printed on the inside cover for quick reference
The Kovels are offering copies of their 41st Price Guide for sale online along with a special bonus offer. It's a free booklet called "Fakes, Fantasies & Reproductions No. 10," a pocket-size, 16-page leaflet explaining how to recognize some 1970s and 80s reproductions—from fake signatures on glass to repro Tootsietoys. Older reproductions are more likely to fool you, which makes this pamphlet an invaluable tool. To view excerpts and photos of the new price guide and get details on the bonus offer, visit http://www.kovels.com/e?2009prices.
Terry Kovel, with her husband Ralph, has authored more than 95 books about collecting and antiques, including the best-selling annual price guide, "Kovels' Antiques and Collectibles Price Guide." Hailed by Parade magazine as "the duchess of the antiques world,"