Arts & Crafts San Francisco Show & Sale San Francisco, CA — San Francisco, CA — On Saturday and Sunday, August 11th and 12th, 2007, the nation’s largest assemblage of the finest in vintage exhibitors and nationally recognized contemporary a
13TH ANNUAL ARTS & CRAFTS SAN FRANCISCO SHOW AND SALE —
Everything for Inside and Outside the Craftsman Home
San Francisco, CA — San Francisco, CA — On Saturday and Sunday, August 11th and 12th, 2007, the nation’s largest assemblage of the finest in vintage exhibitors and nationally recognized contemporary artisans will fill San Francisco’s Concourse Exhibition Center with interior and exterior design elements from the Arts & Crafts, Art Nouveau, Native American and California Rancho design eras. The Arts & Crafts - San Francisco Show and Sale is the country’s largest exhibition and celebration of the Arts and Crafts Movement. This highly successful two-day event is a must for anyone interested in immersing themselves in the furnishings and architecture from this exciting and ultimately creative period of 20th century design.
This year will showcase over 150 exhibitors from across the U.S. and Canada. For home interiors, exhibitors will present an incredible array of furniture, pottery, textiles, paintings, lighting, wallpaper, carpets, tiles, books, decorative accessories, and period photography. For home exteriors, visitors will find an exceptional and exciting selection of paints, interior & exterior lighting and architectural adornments.
• POTTERY DEMONSTRATION — Cedric Brown of C. & C. Brown Potters, nationally renowned specialists in creating visionary art pottery and tiles in the Arts & Crafts style, will be demonstrating his art and potting techniques throughout the show. Being able to watch a master create pottery in person will be a delight and educational experience for minds of all age.
Cedric and Christy Brown began their potting careers in 1973. Among their many national and international achievements, their works were consigned by Disney’s premier hotel, The Grand Californian Hotel at Disneyland in Anaheim. Their works have also been on display at the famous Gamble House in Pasadena, CA.
• SATURDAY AND SUNDAY LECTURE SERIES —
This year’s event will feature five distinguished experts in Arts & Crafts.
SATURDAY at 3:30 PM
• Debey Zito, Owner Debey Zito Fine Furniture and Design of San Francisco will present an informative lecture on furniture design and surface ornamentation. Her talk will be organized around several design elements including arches and carving represented by the works of over 30 prominent period Arts and Crafts designers.
SATURDAY at 4:30 PM
• Author Jane Powell, historian and author of several renowned Arts & Crafts books will discuss the beauty and details of Bungalow Interiors, lecturing on the wood work, details and lighting features of Arts & Crafts style homes.
SUNDAY at 1:00 PM:
• Paul Duscherer, author, designer, historian and HGTV’s Curb Appeal expert will lecture on “Crafting Landscapes: Arts and Crafts Goes Outside.” Mr. Duscherer will demonstrate how Arts and Crafts techniques can be applied outside to enhance the architectural features of homes and create outdoor spaces that exemplify the Arts and Crafts ideals.
SUNDAY at 2:00 PM
• Tom Richards, Founder and President of Old California Lantern, will speak on “Where History and Architecture Come to Light.”