Emed Sahara Trust For Life & All Pakistan Diabetic & Endocrine Society Going Hand In Hand Someone correctly quoted that now this is an era of paperless world. It pointed towards the extensive use of electronic media. Taking the example of medical world,
News-Antique.com - May 28,2007 - It pointed towards the extensive use of electronic media. Taking the example of medical world, it takes years for new edition of any book to come whereas same new information is available on electronic journals & it is recognized for references and bibliography in research work
Keeping in view the rapidly growing interest of medical professionals and students lot of efforts were done in West. But, in Faisalabad, Pakistan, it was brainwave of Dr Khurram Sohail Raja, (Assistant Professor). Dr Zahid Masood Khan (Assistant Professor), Dr Ahmad Bilal (Assistant Professor), Dr Sajid Sheikh (Assistant Professor), Dr Hina Ayesha (Assistant Professor) who worked upon this idea. It is worth pointing here that later 3 of the list are the best graduates of Punjab Medical College Faisalabad. Mr Sarfraz Ali Advocate, a Lawyer and Business Consultant provided the technical input. He is also the Legal advisor of emed.
The main & biggest event of the Diabetes Awareness Week was 'Sugar Mela' at Punjab Medical College, Faisalabad, Pakistan with,
* An awareness lecture on Diabetes by Dr Ahmad Bilal
* 12 Training camps for public on How to take Blood Pressure, How to inject Insulin, How to take weight of the Patient? & Free Literature on Obesity, Diabetes & foot care, Eye complications, Renal Complications, Healthy Life Style, Parathyroidism, Exercise etc.
* Screening test camps for Sugar & Cholesterol.
Emed also offers general public services like,
- Free Medical Advice
- Provincial Poison Control Centre
- Public Awareness Drive (PADS)
- School Health System
- Patient Education
- Poor Patients Fund
- e-Savers (Blood Bank)
- Membership Forms.
For more information please visit our wesite. www.emedpak.com