The Top 30 Search Terms For Antiques & Collectibles in 2006 Here is this years list of the top 30 antique and collectible related terms that people searched for on Web sites hosted by TIAS.com in 2006.
News-Antique.com - Nov 30,-0001 - Garden City - NY, Jan 02, 2007 - TIAS.com (http://www.tias.com) the
Webs largest online antique & collectible mall, today released their
annual report on the most requested search terms used by people
looking for for antiques and collectibles online in 2006.
The top 30 list is based on millions of online searches that were
conducted by customers visiting antique and collectible related Web
sites that are hosted by TIAS.com Inc. This year's list also includes a
comparison with the 2005 searches.
Keep in mind that these searches are what people were looking for,
not necessarily what they were buying. In many cases, people will
search for items when they are just trying to determine a value of a
specific item that they have in their possession.
Here are the 30 most requested online search terms for 2006.
1. Cookie jar - Up from #2 in 2005
2. Teapot - Up from #6 in 2005
3. Avon - Down from #1 in 2005
4. Milk Glass - No change since 2005
5. Fenton - Up from #7 in 2005
6. Roseville - Up from #12 in 2005
7. Carnival glass - Up from #8 in 2005
8. Dolls - Down from #3 in 2005
9. McCoy - No change since 2005
10. Depression glass - Down from #5 in 2005
11. Nippon - Up from #15 in 2005
12. Limoges - Down from #10 in 2005
13. Fire King - up from #30 in 2005
14. Pyrex - Down from #13 in 2005
15. Lamps - Up from #18 in 2005
16. Rings - New to list
17. Salt & Pepper Shakers - New to list
18. Noritake - New to list
19. Halloween (related collectibles) - New to list
20. Perfume (bottles &related) - New to list
21. Lefton - New to list
22. Alaska (related collectibles) - New to list
23. Crocks - New to list
24. Cat (related collectibles) - New to list
25. Hull - New to list
26. Buttons - New to list
27. Pitchers - New to list
28. Clocks - No change since 2005
29. Blenko - New to list
30. Steuben - New to list
To view last year's top 30 list, please go to:
-- About TIAS --
TIAS serves approximately 190,000 unique customers a day. About
650 merchants sell through the TIAS system, listing well over half a million
items for sale online. The company has been building e-commerce systems
for online merchants since 1995.
For more information contact:
Phillip Davies, TIAS.com Inc.