KOVELS’ ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES PRICE LIST 2007 KOVELS’ ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES PRICE LIST 2007, 39th edition, with more than 45,000 prices -- what collectors paid at shows, sales, auctions and on the Internet. More than 400 color photographs.
News-Antique.com - Nov 30,-0001 - KOVELS’ ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES PRICE LIST 2007, 39th edition (Random House Reference, ISBN: 0-375-72185-1, $19.95, $26.95 CAN), with actual prices of more than 45,000 items, is now available wherever books are sold. It’s written by Ralph and Terry Kovel, who share the insider’s edge in this newly redesigned, full-color 39th edition of the their annual price guide. The comprehensive book -- the largest edition the Kovels have ever published, with nearly 900 pages -- offers collectors of all levels the roadmap necessary for collecting and antiquing in 2007.
KOVELS’ ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES PRICE LIST has become a staple in every collector’s library and a vital tool for determining the dollar value of collectibles and identifying marks.
When it comes to vintage collectibles, the Kovels always have their fingers on the pulse of what’s popular. With each edition, the Kovels record “all new prices,” retiring the previous edition to start fresh listings every year. They visit shops, shows, and flea markets; read hundreds of publications and catalogs; check online services and the Internet; and talk to collectors, dealers, fans, and auctioneers to gather the latest and most accurate information available. This new edition of their annual price list includes everything from a Tiffany lamp for $89,125 to a Belfry Farms milk bottle cap for 25 cents.
KOVELS’ ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES PRICE LIST 2007 features:
- 45,000 items and prices -- what collectors paid at shows, sales, auctions, and on the Internet
- More than 400 color photographs, plus factory histories and hundreds of marks and identifying logos
- The Kovels’ annual report on the antiques and collectibles market includes some of the highest-priced, unusual, and noteworthy antiques and collectibles sold in the past year. The “Introduction” also features a list of record prices paid in the past year.
- Easy-to-use index with alphabetical cross-references
- Tips -- such as how to clean carnival glass, display small collectibles, test whether or not a bracelet is real Bakelite, and guard against theft
- News on collecting trends -- what’s hot: Georg Jensen silver, Popeye collectibles, 1960s and ’70s furniture, garden antiques; and what’s not: Hummel figurines, limited-edition plates, baseball cards
- A handy ruler in inches and centimeters printed on the inside cover for a quick reference
The Kovels are not just America’s foremost experts on antiques -- they have pioneered the country’s love affair with collecting. “If you like it, buy it,” share the Kovels, “but check prices first.”
Over the past 50 years, the Kovels have gathered more than one and a half million prices and have published more than 95 books. They began their series of annual price books in 1968, and have sold more than four million copies since its debut, making it America’s most popular price guide for collectors, dealers, and appraisers.
KOVELS’ ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES PRICE LIST 2007, 39th edition, is available wherever books are sold. To order by phone, call 1-800-733-3000 (wholesalers call 888-591-1200). Or visit your local bookstore or the Kovels website, www.Kovels.com.